Lower West Side Community Collection

Dates: 1906-1944. Size: .25 linear feet; 8 photographs. Chicago Public Library, Harold Washington Library Center, Special Collections, Neighborhood History Research Collection, part of the West Side Community Collections. The materials in this collection document the era when the Czechoslovakians and Germans held sway in the Lower West Side. The bulk of the collection concerns the Gads Hill Center, which was a settlement house, and Trinity Evangelical Church, whose newsletters continued to be published in English and German into the 1940s. [Finding aid]