Every June, people all across America celebrate Pride Month to honor the joys, accomplishments and struggles of the LGBTQ+ community. Whether you are LGBTQ+ yourself or an ally looking to learn and grow in your love and support of others, Chicago Public Library invites you to celebrate with us all month! Join one of our online or in person programs, attend a film screening or check out a librarian curated LGBTQ+ book list.
Explore our full list of events or check out one of the highlights below!
- Feeling Femme: Identity Affirmation Panel
- Voices for Justice: Author H. Melt
- Archives Come Alive
- Make it Masc: Identity Affirmation Panel
- Law at the Library: LGBTQIA+ Law Issues
Queer Radical Fair
Join a summer celebration of fashion, self-expression and community by and for queer youth!
Drag Story Time, one of our most fabulous and family friendly events, will also be offered four times this year!
- West Lawn Branch, 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 1
- Sulzer Regional, 11 a.m. Friday, June 3
- Bezazian, 1 p.m. Wednesday, June 8
- Commercial Club Park, 10:30 a.m. Monday, June 13
Print our LGBTQIA+ Pride month coloring sheet by Chicago artist Julia White.
LGBT+ Pride Reads for Kids: From L to T and Beyond
Teen LGBT+ Pride Reads: From L to T and Beyond
Adult LGBT+ Pride Reads: From L to T and Beyond
Reading with Pride: Recent LGBT Highlights (June 2022)