We're once again joining with the Ravinia Festival to offer the Words & Music Program in 2019. This program enables anyone with a valid Chicago Public Library card to obtain free tickets for lawn admission to 19 classical music concerts this summer at Ravinia.
For tickets, visit any CPL location starting at 9 a.m. Saturday, June 8. If you're an adult CPL cardholder, you can pick up a maximum of two Words and Music lawn passes per concert and a total of four passes per day. Tickets may not be reserved in advance.
Chicago Symphony Orchestra Pavilion Concerts
- July 13: Jean-Yves Thibaudet (Ravel, Stravinsky, Gershwin)
- July 20: Bernstein’s Mass, Marin Alsop (One Score, One Chicago)
- July 26: Marin Alsop with Choirs & Singers (Mahler)
- July 27: Marin Alsop (Bernstein)
- August 1: Rafael Payare & Yefim Bronfman (Beethoven & Brahms)
- August 7: Leonard Slatkin & Denis Matsuev (Rachimaninoff, Rimsky-Korsakov)
- August 18: All Tchaikovsky Program (1812 Overture)
Martin Theatre Concerts
- June 19 : Juilliard String Quartet
- June 20 : Caroga Arts Ensemble
- June 27 : Miriam Fried & Friends
- July 15 : Well Strung
- July 22 : Gautier Capucon (cello) & Jean-Yves Thibaudet (piano)
- July 24: Gary Hoffman (cello) & Jon Kimura Parker (piano)
- July 25: Richard Goode (piano)
- July 29: Matthias Goerne (baritone) & Daniil Trifonov (piano)
- July 31: Sweet Honey in the Rock
- August 6: Kevin Murphy (piano) & Singers
- August 8: Angel Blue (soprano) & Catherine Miller (piano)
- August 22: Chicago Philharmonic & Marin Alsop: Trouble in Tahiti
Additional information about these and all the other concerts presented by the Ravinia Festival is at Ravinia.org.