Celebrate individuals with diverse abilities with us during Disability Awareness Month in July. CPL is observing the month with events, reading recommendations and an exhibit.
Check out over 30 events in celebration of Disability Awareness Month, including film screenings, story times and much more. Event highlights:
- Radical Visibility Fashion Show with Sky Cubacub and Rebirth Garments
- Tellin’ Tales Theatre’s Young Adult Writers: “I Am Who I Am”
- WE Workshops for Teens
- Make a 3D Braille nameplate in the Maker Lab
- Job seeking workshops for people with disabilities
- Book discussions for adults
Look for CPL staff in the Disability Pride Parade on Saturday, July 21.
Explore these great reads in honor of Disability Awareness Month:
- Disability Awareness Month Reads for Adults
- Stories about Differently Abled Teens
- Disability Awareness Month Books for Younger Kids
- Disability Awareness Month Books for Older Kids
Take in artist Grishma Shah's exhibit, The South Asian Perspective, on display July 2 through July 31 at Harold Washington Library Center.