Check out over 30 events in celebration of Disability Awareness Month, including film screenings, story times and much more. Event highlights:
- Radical Visibility Fashion Show with Sky Cubacub and Rebirth Garments
- Tellin’ Tales Theatre’s Young Adult Writers: “I Am Who I Am”
- WE Workshops for Teens
- Make a 3D Braille nameplate in the Maker Lab
- Job seeking workshops for people with disabilities
- Book discussions for adults
Look for CPL staff in the Disability Pride Parade on Saturday, July 21.
Explore these great reads in honor of Disability Awareness Month:
- Disability Awareness Month Reads for Adults
- Stories about Differently Abled Teens
- Disability Awareness Month Books for Younger Kids
- Disability Awareness Month Books for Older Kids
Take in artist Grishma Shah's exhibit, The South Asian Perspective, on display July 2 through July 31 at Harold Washington Library Center.