Join CPL in our celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month 2018, September 15 to October 15.
We'll have events for all ages and interests, from music performances to craft workshops, celebrating Hispanic culture, folklore and tradition.
Our celebration begins with:
- Bomba y Plena by AfroCaribe: Afro-Caribbean music and a dance performance at 2 p.m. Saturday, September 15 at Lozano Branch.
- Mariachi Tradicional Juvenil: Talented youth performing traditional mariachi music at 2 p.m. Saturday, September 15 at Chicago Lawn Branch.
We'll have events for all ages around the city. Highlights include:
- Panorama Latinx: Film screenings in partnership with Gene Siskel Film Center.
- Zumba and Wellness Workshop: Adults, learn how to improve your health through diet and dance.
- Mi Gente Showcase: Teens, enjoy Latinx music, comedy and spoken word.
- Abrakadabra: A thrilling bilingual magic show for families.
- West Town Branch's Books and Brews discusses Kimball Taylor's The Coyote's Bicycle.
- Albany Park Branch's Latinx Book Club discusses Louis Albert Urrea's Queen of America.
- King Branch's book club discusses Mario Vargas' The Discreet Hero.
- Estefania Gonzalez's Pride and Joy at Harold Washington Library Center
- Karina Gomez's Lotería at Harold Washington Library Center
- CHema Skandal!'s Skandal! at Logan Square Branch
- Raul Ortiz's current work at Lozano Branch