We're seeking local Asian/Pacific visual artists and/or artwork with Asian/Pacific themes to exhibit at CPL locations during Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month in May. Exhibits will last four to 12 weeks.
Asian/Pacific visual artists who live in Chicagoland (city and suburbs) and/or artwork with Asian/Pacific themes.
Chicago Public Library neighborhood branches and Harold Washington Library Center. Accepted artists will be matched with appropriate locations and will need to set up and take down their artwork. Submit any travel restrictions (e.g., close to CTA) with your application.
Exhibit Case Dimensions
Exhibit cases vary by location. For this reason, please include the dimensions of your proposed exhibit in your application.
To be considered, please submit the following (all in one document if possible):
- Resume or CV
- Contact information including email, home address and phone number
- Brief description of proposed exhibit
- Artist statement (150 words maximum)
- Four to eight images of artwork with dimensions and medium
- Indication of travel restrictions
Email entries to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. January 29. Artists will be notified by February 8.