We received over 725 contest entries, and our tiger now has a name!
Thanks to Arianna, 5, from the North Pulaski Branch, our tiger will be known as Little Rory! Little Rory was a tiger who couldn’t roar until Bear encouraged him to practice roaring every day. “Little Rory practiced roaring each and every day and then one day Little Rory gave a great, big RRROOOAAARR!”
For her notable naming and storytelling abilities, Arianna will receive an award of four tickets to Brookfield Zoo and a bag full of books! Congratulations, Arianna! Enjoy your trip to the zoo, where you’ll be able to see an Amur tiger just like Little Rory, in real life.
We received so many outstanding entries that it was hard to pick just one. The following children also will receive a prize for their noteworthy efforts:
- Honorable Mention: Cyber the tiger by Abbey, 9, from Mount Greenwood Branch
- Coolest Comic: Jack Roar by Jacob, 9, from West Town Branch
- Roaring Research: TigRussia by Andrey, 7, from Sulzer Regional Library
- Future Author: Studious by Marlen, 6, from Chicago Lawn Branch
- Awesome Artwork: Tigerlilly by Tatum, 7, from Merlo Branch
Congratulations to all our participants for learning so many great facts and creating so many great stories about tigers!