Penny brings home her song and tries to share it with her family in Penny and Her Song.
Share the love of music and reading with your family by trying these activities:
- Sing together as a family. Ask your parents what songs they learned as children and ask them to sing them with you.
- What can you share with your family? Take some time to “perform” for your family by sharing a fact you learned during the day, a poem or a song like Penny.
- What’s your favorite song? Try teaching it to a friend so you can sing it together. Don’t have a favorite song? Try one of the great tunes from the Old Town School of Folk Music’s Wiggleworms Love You collection
- Make up a tune to go with Penny’s song. If you can’t think of your own tune, try using the melody from a song you already know with the words Penny wrote.
- There are lots of great counting rhymes you can sing! Learn some new nursery rhymes at the Mother Goose Club
- Penny can’t sing because the noise might wake the babies. Practice being quiet by playing the quiet game. See who can stay quiet and still for the longest amount of time.
- Penny sings with the babies who sing in “their own baby way.” Do you have siblings? What activities can you do with your siblings?
- Explore additional activities on Kevin Henkes’ website.