How Do I...?
Library Laptop Use Guidelines
- Laptops are available for in-house use by patrons with a current Chicago Public Library card and a current valid government-issued ID or current student ID.
- Subject to availability, laptops may be borrowed for a maximum of two one-hour sessions a day.
- Laptop use is not transferable. Borrowers must maintain the laptop in their immediate possession at all times during their reservation.
- Laptops may not be removed from the library. Removing a laptop from the library will be considered theft, and the registered borrower could face criminal charges and/or the cost of repairs/replacement.
- Laptops must not be left unattended.
- Laptops must be returned immediately upon termination of the reservation.
- CPL is not responsible for damage or loss incurred to the borrower’s data while the borrower is using the laptop.
- Documents or downloads may not be saved to the laptop. Any data you wish to save must be saved to a flash drive or emailed to yourself.
- Borrowers are responsible for complying with the Guidelines for Computer and Internet Use.