Teen Volume Collections, Programming and Services By Teens For Teens
If you’re a teen who loves libraries and wants to make a difference in your community, consider joining the Chicago Public Library’s Teen Advisory Council (TAC). Chicago Public Library’s TAC helps create and plan Teen Volume programs in collaboration with YOUmedia for tweens and teens ages 12-18 throughout the city, in addition to reading and reviewing books for the Teen Volume collections citywide and shaping content and marketing materials for print and electronic teen resources.
TAC Member Duties
- Read, review and select books for Teen Volume collections
- Develop and implement unique and exciting programs that engage teens to read, learn and discover
- Create attractive and appealing print and electronic material for teens
- Receive mentorship from Chicago Public Library's Teen Literacy Committee (a team of librarians from throughout the city)
- Earn Service Learning Hours, while building a resume for job and scholarship opportunities
Council candidates must be recommended by a librarian and should complete and submit an application by the end of June each year to be considered for the following year of community service. In-person interviews are typically scheduled in July, and qualified candidates are asked to serve on the TAC for one year, from August to August, with opportunities to be invited to extend their term beyond one year. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and details.