New Reader Book Club
Join Chicago Public Library this spring and "Hop Into Reading!"
Print the Frog Log, then ... READ!
From March 15 to May 24, kindergarteners, first- and second-graders and their parents can make "great leaps" in their new reading skills by:
- Enjoying the Library's New Reader collection
- Reading 20 minutes a day
- Tracking reading minutes on the "Frog Log"
Return your completed "Frog Log" to your neighborhood library by May 24 to be entered into a raffle to win a free New Reader library of books!
Suggested New Reader Books
- Benny and Penny books by Geoffrey Hayes
- Chicken said "Cluck!" by Judyann Grant
- Elephant and Piggy books by Mo Willems
- Frog and Toad books by Arnold Lobel
- Henry and Mudge books by Cynthia Rylant
- Penny the Mouse books by Kevin Henkes
- Pete the Cat books by Eric Litwin
- Up Tall and High by Ethan Long
Suggested Easy Chapter Books
- Captain Awesome books by Stan Kirby
- Fly Guy books by Tedd Arnold
- Ling and Ting: Not Exactly the Same by Grace Lin
- Magic Tree House books by Mary Pope Osbourne
- Mouse and Mole books by Wong Herbert Yee
- Rabbit and Robot: The Sleepover by Cece Bell
- Tales for Very Picky Eaters by Josh Schneider
- Zelda and Ivy books by Laura McGee Kvasnsky