Teacher in the Library
Through the program teachers provide a structured, after-school learning environment in the library where they assist both students and parents.
- All students are welcome.
- All teachers are fully accredited.
- Help in Cantonese, Mandarin, Polish and Spanish is available at select libraries.
Teachers help students:
- Use appropriate learning strategies
- Find the best resources for completing their homework assignments
Teachers help parents:
- Learn how to help their children at home with school assignments
- By answering questions they have regarding their children’s homework
This program has been extremely successful in providing children and their families with academic support and encouragement. Chicago Public Library locations receive funding for the Teacher in the Library program through the generosity of the Chicago Public Library Foundation.