The Chicago Public Library provides homework help online and in person.
Live Online Tutoring
Online one-on-one homework help in English and Spanish for early elementary through advanced college prep students in core subjects available from 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily. Get expert help with writing assignments and English as a second language lessons. Use test prep tools for the ACT/SAT, GED and U.S. citizenship test.
Khan Academy »
Videos and practice exercises to help with math, science, history and more.
Online Resources for Kids »
Find additional homework help resources.
Teacher in the Library
Teachers provide a structured, after-school learning environment in the library where they assist both students and parents.
- All students are welcome.
- All teachers are fully accredited.
- Help in Cantonese, Mandarin, Polish and Spanish is available at selected libraries.
Teachers help students:
- Use appropriate learning strategies
- Find the best resources for completing their homework assignments
Teachers help parents:
- Learn how to help their children at home with school assignments
- By answering questions they have regarding their children’s homework
This program has been extremely successful in providing children and their families with academic support and encouragement. Chicago Public Library locations receive funding for the Teacher in the Library program through the generosity of the Chicago Public Library Foundation.