Summer Learning Challenge
Thanks for joining us in 2012 at the Chicago Public Library. Children up to the age of 14 were invited to celebrate healthy living.
Picture-book readers and pre-readers who completed 25 pictures books earned a bag for books. Children who read chapter books earned a back to school drawstring backpack when they completed 10 chapter books. Weekly book raffles, author visits, performers and presenters were just some of the activities that were featured throughout the summer in this drop-in program that helps motivate kids to read for fun.
For more information, contact your neighborhood library or call Children and Young Adult Services at (312) 747-4780.
You Are What You Read Summer Reading Program
- Chicago Chinese Cultural Institute: Chinese Tai Chi Workshop
- Laura Doherty: Healthy Beats -- A Family Music Program for Active Kids & Parents
- James Dyson Foundation: Design.Build.Test.
- Histories for Kids: The Chicago Super Chef Express
- Bob Kanegis: Deep Divers and High Jumpers-Small and Tall Tales of Animal Athletes
- Bob Kann: A Recipe for Success -- The Magic of Reading!
- Rick Kelley: Don’t Just Sit There… Get Healthy!
- Mad Science of Chicago: Nutrimania! – A tasty game show for kids!
- Steve Musgrave: Artist Workshop: A Feast for the Eye
- The Science Alliance: Get Hip to Health!
- ScribbleMonster: Music, Movement and Healthy Reading with ScribbleMonster
- Carol Weston: Read, Sing and Keep Healthy!
More to Explore
- Healthy Reads
- Healthy Living Popular Topic
- Chicago Sun-Times Educational Supplement
- Reading Takes You Far