Questions and Answers for Very Important Readers and Their Families
This summer we are celebrating healthy living: eating right, getting exercise and of course, reading great books! Come join us at a Chicago Public Library near you!
What’s Happening at the Library This Summer for Kids and Teens?
- Rahm’s Readers is an eight-week drop-in book club for kids
- Loads of programs about health, nutrition and wellness, and reading for kids and families
- Book clubs for teens
How Do I Get Started?
- Read a book!
- Drop in to ANY of the Chicago Public Library’s locations including all the neighborhood libraries and the Thomas Hughes Children’s Library in the Harold Washington Library Center. Use the Library Locator to find the library closest to you.
- Bring your library card or get one when you visit.
- Tell us all about the book you’ve read and receive your own Rahm's Readers You Are What You Read book log
What Do I Do Next?
- Check out some books and KEEP READING! Read everywhere: at home, at the library, in a park…you can read anywhere and everywhere.
- Tell us about the books you’ve been reading each time you visit the Library.
- Join us for fun programs and projects.
- Add a sticker to your book log every week you come to report on books.
- Have your name entered in weekly drawings to win a book.
- Earn a book bag for reading! Emerging readers and picture book readers complete 25 picture books to earn a bag for books and children who read chapter books earn a back to school drawstring backpack upon completion of 10 books.
For more information about the Chicago Public Library’s Summer Reading Program, visit your neighborhood library.