Questions and Answers
For Very Important Readers and Their Families
This summer we are celebrating music all around us. Come join the celebration at a Chicago Public Library near you!
What’s happening at the Library this summer for kids and teens?
- A Summer Reading Program for kids
- Loads of programs about music and reading in your life every day
- Book clubs for teens
How do I do to get started?
- Read a book!
- Drop in to ANY of the Chicago Public Library’s locations including all the neighborhood libraries and the Thomas Hughes Children’s Library in the Harold Washington Library Center. Use the Library Locator to find the library closest to you
- Bring your library card or get one when you visit
- Tell us all about the book you’ve read and receive your own Book Beats book log
What do I do next?
- Check out some books and KEEP READING!
- Tell us about the books you’ve been reading each time you visit the Library
- Join us for fun programs and projects
- Add a sticker to your book log every week you come to report on books
- Have your name entered in weekly drawings to win books
- Earn a T-shirt for reading! Emerging readers and picture book readers complete 25 picture books to earn a special Noteworthy Reader's T-shirt. Chapter book readers finish 10 chapter books to earn their T-shirt.
For more information about the Chicago Public Library’s Summer Reading Program, visit your neighborhood library.