Reading is Art-RAGEOUS
Questions and Answers
For Very Important Readers and Their Families
This summer we are celebrating art in every child's life. Come join the celebration at the Chicago Public Library near you!What’s happening at the Library this summer for kids and teens?
- A Summer Reading Program for kids ages 3 to 14.
- Loads of programs about art and reading in your life every day.
- Book Clubs for teens.
How do I do to get started?
- Bring your library card or get one when you visit.
- Read a book!
- Drop in to ANY of the Chicago Public Library’s locations including all the neighborhood. libraries and the Thomas Hughes Children’s Library in the Harold Washington Library Center. Use the Library Locator to find the library closest to you
- Tell us all about the book you’ve read and receive your own Reading is Art-RAGEOUS book log.
What do I do next?
- Check out some books and KEEP READING!
- Tell us about the books you’ve been reading each time you visit the Library.
- Join us for fun programs and projects.
- Add a sticker to your book log every week you come to report on books.
- Have your name entered in weekly drawings to win books.
- Earn a t-shirt for reading! If you are a pre-reader who is hearing books read aloud to you or you read 25 picture books, you will earn a t-shirt. If you read 10 chapter books you will earn a t-shirt.