Land of Lincoln Readers
Questions and Answers
For Very Important Readers and Their Families
- A Summer Reading Program for kids ages 3 to 14
- Loads of programs about Illinois history and Abraham Lincoln's life and times
- Book Clubs for teens
How do I do to get started?
- Read a book!
- Come to ANY of the Chicago Public Library’s locations including all the neighborhood libraries and the Thomas Hughes Children’s Library in the Harold Washington Library Center. Use the location map to find the library closest to you
- Tell us all about the book you’ve read and receive your own Land of Lincoln Readers book log
- Bring your library card or get one when you visit
What do I do next?
- Check out some books and KEEP READING!
- Tell us about the books you’ve been reading each time you visit the Library
- Join us for fun programs and projects
- Add a sticker to your book log every week you come to report on books
- Have your name entered in weekly drawings to win books
- Earn a t-shirts! If you are a pre-reader who is hearing books read aloud to you or you read 25 picture books, you will earn a t-shirt. If you read 10 chapter books you will earn a t-shirt.
For more information about the Chicago Public Library’s Summer Reading Program, visit your neighborhood library.