It's Easy to be a Green Reader this Summer!
Creating a City of Readers is Easy!
1. Get a library card and use it.
2. Read aloud with a child for twenty minutes a day.
3. Have books in your home.
4. Get caught in the act of reading.
How to Get a Library Card
• Parents or guardians fill out a library card application at any location of the Chicago Public Library.
• Sign the form in blue or black ink.
• Have your child sign the form.
• Return the completed form to any Chicago Public Library and bring photo identification with your current address.
• Hip Hip Hooray! Your child receives a free library card!