Adult Book Discussions
Are you interested in reading and discussing books of current interest, not only on a regional but also a national and international level? Looking to read upcoming authors new to the literary scene and literary prize-winning works?
Join the Chicago Public Library at Adult Books Discussions held at numerous locations throughout the city. The Library offers a variety of selections and authors from classics to recent bestsellers, both fiction and nonfiction.
Have you recently moved to Chicago or learned a new language and would like to participate in one of CPL’s World Language Discussion groups? The Library hosts discussions in a variety of languages. Besides English, book discussions are offered in Chinese, Korean, Polish, Russian and Spanish languages.
For a list of current monthly discussions, please check the events calendar or call the Office of Adult Services at (312) 747-4056 for further information.
2013 Adult Book Discussion Selections
Here are just a few of the upcoming 2013 Adult Book Discussion selections:
- All She Was Worth by Miyuki Miyabe
- The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
- Caleb’s Crossing by Geraldine Brooks
- The Given Day by Dennis Lehane
- In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror and an American Family in Hitler’s Berlin by Erik Larson
- Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain by David Eagleman
- The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli
- The Making of African America: The Four Migrations by Ira Berlin
- The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
- The Snowman by Jo Nesbo
- Some Sing, Some Cry by Ntozaka Shange and Ifa Bayeza
- Tesla: Man Out of Time by Margaret Cheney
- The Tiger’s Wife by Tea Obrecht
- The World We Found by Thrity Umrigar