Edward Fitzsimmons Dunne
31st Mayor of Chicago
Notable Men of Illinois & Their State. Chicago Daily Journal, 1912.
- April 4, 1905
- Defeated John Collins (Socialist), John Maynard Harlan (Republican) and Oliver Stewart (Prohibition)
- April 10, 1905: Inaugural Address
Term of Office
- October 12, 1853
- Waterville, Conn.
- 1877: Received law degree from Union College of Law (now Northwestern University)
- 1881: Married Miss Elizabeth Kelly of Chicago; together they had 13 children
- 1892: Elected to circuit court bench
- 1913: Elected governor of Illinois, served one term
- 1930: Became attorney for Cook County Board of Election Commissioners
- 1933: Published five-volume Illinois: The Heart of the Nation
- May 24, 1937
- Calvary Cemetery, Chicago
- Chicago Daily Tribune, May 25, 1937, p. 7.
- Grossman, James R., Ann Durkin Keating and Janice L. Reiff, editors. Encyclopedia of Chicago. University of Chicago Press, 2004.