Lester Legrand Bond
Acting Mayor of Chicago, 1873
Andreas, A.T. History of Chicago. A.T. Andreas, 1886. [extra-illustrated].
- By the City Council August 18, 1873 to serve while Mayor Joseph Medill traveled to Europe for health reasons. Acting Mayor Bond filled out the rest of Mayor Medill’s term, serving until December 1, 1873.
- August 22, 1873
Term of Office
- October 27, 1829
- Ravenna, Ohio
- 1854: Started practicing law in Chicago
- 1856: Married Amie Scott Aspinwall; together they had one daughter
- Served as alderman of the 11th Ward
- 1867: Began serving four years in Illinois Legislature
- Attained rank of 32nd degree Mason
- April 15, 1903
- Rosehill Cemetery, Chicago
- Andreas, A.T. History of Chicago: From the Earliest Period to the Present Time. A.T. Andreas, 1884–86.
- Chicago Daily Tribune, April 16, 1903, p. 7.
- Grossman, James R., Ann Durkin Keating and Janice L. Reiff, editors. Encyclopedia of Chicago. University of Chicago Press, 2004.
- Rosehill Cemetery, Chicago.