About This Library
Wrightwood-Ashburn Branch opened and was dedicated August 21, 1997, replacing a storefront facility located at 2519 W. 79th Street since 1973.
The Wrightwood-Ashburn community was named after the community originally known as Clarksdale, which was annexed to Chicago in 1889. The community was home to Chicago’s first airfield, the Ashburn Flying Field. Post-World War II industrial expansion led to a housing boom in this area.
This branch features a reading garden.