About This Library
Theodore Roosevelt Branch reopened in a larger facility May 26, 1998, and was dedicated June 3, 1998.
Theodore Roosevelt Branch first opened to the public in 1924. The earliest date of library service in the area can be traced to July 1, 1891 at Hull House, 338 S. Halsted Street. It was known as Reading Room No. 5. The library was renamed Roosevelt Branch on October 6, 1924, and it relocated several times within the vicinity of Taylor Street, Halsted Street and Roosevelt Road. In May 1978, Roosevelt Branch opened at 1055 W. Roosevelt Road, where it remained until it moved to its present location.