About This Library
Carl B. Roden Branch was the 25th branch of the Chicago Public Library. The current location opened September 16, 1968 and was named in honor of the man who served as chief librarian of the Chicago Public Library from 1918 to 1950. A lifelong resident of Norwood Park, Carl B. Roden began work as a library page in 1886.
This branch was located in a series of storefronts between 1950 and 1968.