About This Library
Portage-Cragin Branch, formerly Portage Park Branch, has offered library services at its present location since November 1, 1969. This branch features a reading garden and artwork funded through the Percent for Art Ordinance administered by the City of Chicago Public Art Program: an oil on wood entitled “Valley” by Bill Cass.
Library service to the Portage Park community began with Chicago Public Library delivery stops. In 1927, a storefront at 5148 W. Irving Park Road became the first permanent home of Portage Park Branch.