About This Library
Chicago Lawn Branch was dedicated December 1, 1960.
As early as 1892, a deposit station was established in a local store where residents placed orders for materials from the main library. When requests were filled, the items were transported to the deposit station on the Grand Trunk Railroad that served the community. A branch was established in 1929 at 6234 S. Kedzie Avenue, one block south of its current location.