About This Library
Brighton Park Branch opened December 13, 1969. The library features a skylight and a brown brick exterior that is incorporated in the interior of the building.
Branch highlights include a reading garden and a Vietnam War memorial bronze plaque inscribed with the names of community residents who died in the Vietnam War.
The first public library in the community opened April 20, 1918 in the McKinley Park Fieldhouse. The branch moved to a triangular-shaped building at 3805 S. Campbell Street on October 25, 1924. Another move on September 28, 1929 placed the library in a small storefront at 4144 S. Archer Avenue, where it remained for almost 40 years.