Get ready for a big bowl of adventure, mystery, fantasy and laughs with Cold Cereal by Adam Rex, September's Author of the Month.
Scottish Play Doe (aka Scott Doe) is starting yet another new school in the mysterious town of Goodborough, home of the Goodco Cereal Company. When he catches a "tiny old man" trying to steal his backpack, Scott is thrust into an intricate mystery involving missing parents, a cereal character on the run and secret experimentation. Can Scott and his friends, twins Erno and Emily, solve the mystery and save the world from cereal domination?
Questions and Activities
- There are many references to King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table in this book, but who was King Arthur? Who were the Knights of the Round Table? What legends surround Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table?
- To solve one of Mr. Wilson's games, Scott and Erno meet Merle Lynn. Could he be the Merlin?
- Emily believes that their nanny, Biggs, is Bigfoot. Does Bigfoot really exist?
- Erno and Emily created their own "supergame," Ronopolisk. Create your own board game.
- Love breakfast cereal? Play some fun breakfast cereal games!
- Read the book with friends? Use this helpful discussion guide.