Go on a journey to an ancient land to fight a common foe in The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan, October’s Author of the Month.
The seven demigods are finally together and traveling to Rome to fulfill the prophecy and close the Doors of Death. Along the way they encounter love-sick nymphs, twin giants, schizophrenic gods, terrifying monsters and yet another prophecy. Can the daughter of war and wisdom avenge her mother without betraying her friends? Join Annabeth, Leo, Piper and Percy as they follow the Mark of Athena to the Doors of Death.
Questions and Activities
- Having a hard time keeping all the gods and goddesses straight? Find out who's who among the Greek and Roman deities.
- What are the difference between the Greek myths and the Roman myths?
- Who is Gaia, and why is she so important to both Greek and Roman mythology?
- Are there other "historic" battles between Greek heroes and monsters?
- Annabeth is following the "Mark of Athena," who is also her mother, but who is Athena?
- What part do Jason and the Argonauts and his ship, the Argo, play in the demigods' adventure?
- Explore an interactive map of Camp Jupiter and New Rome.
- Looking for ideas for an in-depth project on Greek mythology?
- Writing and art project suggestions based on the Percy Jackson series.
- Test your knowledge of the heroes of Olympus with this fun trivia contest