Book a Study Room at Harold Washington Library Center
Rooms are available for group study at the Harold Washington Library Center on floors four, five, six, seven and eight.
- No entrance fee may be charged, no collection may be taken and no purchase may be required by groups in study rooms.
- Reservations for up to two hours must be made at the reference desk on the same floor as the study room no more than two weeks in advance.
- Applicant must present valid photo identification and verification of current address and telephone number at the time of reservation.
- Study rooms shall be left in good order.
- The number occupying a study room may not exceed the posted capacity of the room as established by the City of Chicago Fire Department.
- A reserved study room that is unoccupied will be considered to be abandoned and made available to others as needed.
- Storage of items after use of the study room is not permitted.
- Applicants may not tape or tack anything to walls or door.
- Applicant has read and understands that he/she is responsible for ensuring that each member of his/her group is aware of and abides by these rules.
Use of the Library’s study room does not constitute Library endorsement of viewpoints expressed by program participants. Advertisements or announcements implying such endorsement are not permitted. The Guidelines Governing the Use of the Library must be observed in all parts of the building including study rooms.