Chicago Public Library
400 S. State Street
Chicago, IL 60605
Ask a Librarian
Ask a reference librarian for assistance with:
- Locating library materials
- Book, movie and music recommendations
- Using library resources and services
Submit a reference question and receive a reply within two business days from a professional librarian.
The Information Center offers quick reference assistance over the phone. Call (312) 747-4300 for assistance. Hours: Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Sunday 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
eBooks and eAudiobooks Support
My CPL Account Assistance
Online instructions are available to help you access your My CPL account, check the status of your account, track library materials on hold and renew items currently checked out. Updating personal information and resolving account problems must be done in person at any Chicago Public Library location.
Suggest a Title for Purchase
Email comments or questions about the website to firstname.lastname@example.org. This account is monitored during business hours Monday through Friday. You will receive a response within two business days. We welcome your feedback.
- Email email@example.com with all other questions or comments. This account is monitored during business hours Monday through Friday. You will receive a response within two business days.
- Contact administrative staff.
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a state law that provides citizens with access to public records. Visit CPL’s FOIA page to request information about the Chicago Public Library or the services offered.